(on microfilm at the Library ofVirginia.)
This information was transcribed and submitted by
Janice L. Abercrombie on 8/16/2002.
The directions to cemeteries and any mention of who owns the houses or Bibles would be taking place in the 1930's [most likely 1937] when the WPA records were compiled.
PAGE 1 (I have placed the Page Number at the TOP of each page.)
INDEX OF NAMES, Page Number
Ambler, John, 9
Ambler, Martha, 9
Ambler, Wm. Marshall, 9
Anderson, Archie, 7
Anderson, Dr. Archibald, 7
Anderson, Matthew C., 7
Anderson, Patsy G., 7
Argyle, E. H., 7
Barret, Chas., 11
Barret, John, 11
Barret, Mary, 11
Barrett, Mrs. Phil, 17
Battle of Fredericksburg, 9
Beech Hill, 7
Belcher, Patrick, 7
Bell, John, 16
Belle Isle, 8
Berea Church, 11
Bibb, Edna K., 8
Bibb, John, 8
Bible Records, 4
Biggers, Polly, 13
Blackwell, Mary, 15
Boxley, Anna, 8
Boxley, D. W, 8
Boxley, David W., 8
Boxley, John W., 8
Bramhan, William Woodford, 17
Branham , Mary Marks, 17
Branham, Amelia Ellinora, 17
Branham, Bushrod W., 17
Branham, Bushrod Washington, 17
Branham, Carolina Frances, 17
Branham, Elizabeth W., 16
Branham, George Henry, 17
Branham, Harriet, 17
Branham, John, 17
Branham, John Luther, 17
Branham, Louisa Ann, 17
Branham, Ludlow, 16, 17
Branham, Mary Marks, 17
Branham, Rachel, 17
Branham, Sarah Michie, 17
Branham, William Woodford, 17
Breathed, E. A., 7
Breathed, Frank, 7
Bullock, Edmund, 17
Bullock, Henrietta Quarles, 17
Bullock, Jane, 17
Bullock, Maria, 17
Bullock, Nancy, 17
Bullock, Patsy, 17
Bullock, Polly Crawford, 17
Bullock, Sally Terry, 17
Burwell, William, 6, 12
Byars, Jemima, 12
Byers, David, 17
Byers, Jemima, 6
Carey, Matthew, 16
Coleman, C. G., 12
Coleman, Lewis M., 9
Coleman, Matilda, 6, 9, 12
Coleman, Robert, 9
Collins, Benjamin, 4, 8
Collins, Harriet, 8
Collins, James Sutton, 4, 8
Collins, Jane, 14, 15
Collins, Janet, 4, 8
Collins, John L., 4, 7, 8
Collins, John Lewis, 8
Collins, Judith, 14
Collins, Malcolm, 4, 8
Collins, Robert, 8, 14
Crank, George H., 16
Cuckoo House, 9
Dabney House, 9
Dabney, Anne E., 10
Dabney, Elizabeth Catherine, 10
Dabney, Elizabeth Price, 10
Dabney, Elizabeth Thornton, 10
Dabney, Francis, 10
Dabney, Jane Meriwether, 9
Dabney, Janey H., 10
Dabney, Mary J., 10
Dabney, Richard, 10
Dabney, Samuel, 9
Deep Creek, 13
Dickerson, Charlotte, 8
Dickerson, James M., 8
Dickinson, Elizabeth L., 8
Dickinson, J. Cole, 8
Dickinson, James, 8
Dickinson, Mary Louisa, 8
Eastham, Ann, 15
Eggleston, J. C., 5
Eggleston, S. A., 5
Farrar, James E., 15
Farrar, John Garland, 15
Farrar, Patty Nelson, 15
Farrar, Patty Nelson, 15
Farrar, Stephen Duncan, 15
Farrar, William Waddy, 15
Fielding, Elizabeth, 13
Fielding, John D., 13
Fleming, Ann G. A., 9
Fleming, Dr. George, 9
Fleming, George W. T., 9
Fleming, Matilda, 9
Fleming, William Thomas, 9
Fowler, Martha A., 7
Fox, Meredith, 5
Fox, Mrs. Malinda A. D., 5
Fredericks Hall, 4, 5, 8, 10
Garrett, Elizabeth, 4
Garrett, John, 4
Gillespie, Annie R., 14
Gillespie, William A., 14
Goodwin, Elizabeth, 10
Goodwin, Hugh, 10
Goodwin, Polly P., 8
Goodwin, William, 17
Green Spring, 14
Green Springs, 14
Guthrie, Eliza, 15
Hackett, Mary F., 14
Hackett, William R., 14
Hansboro, Elijah, 14
Harris, Ann, 15
Harris, Carl, 16
Harris, Catherine, 10
Harris, Catherine S., 5
Harris, Elizabeth, 7
Harris, Ellen M., 5
Harris, Frederick, 5, 10
Harris, Henry, 7, 14
Harris, Indianna L., 9
Harris, Jane, 7
Harris, Jeremiah, 7, 13
Harris, John, 7
Harris, John C., 15
Harris, Polly, 7
Harris, Richard, 15
Harris, Susan, 7
Harris, Thomas, 7
Harrison, Charles E., 15
Harrison, David C., 15
Harrison, Julius C., 15
Harrison, Richard, 15
Hart, Elizabeth, 8, 14
Hart, James, 8
Hart, Jane, 8
Hart, John, 8
Hart, Judith, 4, 7, 8, 14
Hart, Malcolm, 8
Henson, Bartlett A., 10, 11
Henson, Benjamin, 10
Henson, C. R., 10
Henson, Charlie C., 11
Henson, David H., 11
Henson, James, 10
Henson, James F., 11
Henson, James Fontaine, 11
Henson, John William, 11
Henson, Lucy R., 11
Henson, Mary F., 10
Henson, Mollie E., 11
Henson, Nancy, 10
Henson, Nannie, 11
Henson, Rebecca, 11
Henson, Sammy Ella, 11
Henson, Samuel B., 10
Henson, Sarah E., 10
Hickman, Daniel E., 11
Hill, John, 4
Holiday, John Z., 16
Holladay, Eliza Overton, 11
Holladay, Elizabeth Overton, 11
Holladay, Sally, 11
Holladay, Sarah, 10
Holladay, Waller, 10, 11
Hollis, Frederick, 8
Jerdone Castle, 5, 11
Jerdone, Barbara, 6, 12
Jerdone, Eliza M., 12
Jerdone, Francis, 6, 11
Jerdone, James, 6
Jerdone, John, 6, 12
Jerdone, Mary, 6, 11
Jerdone, Sarah, 6, 12
Jerdone, William, 6, 12
Johnson, Franklin, 10
Kean, Marion, 13
Kilby, Elizabeth, 8
Kuper, Mary, 8
Kuper, W. A., 8
Lanford, Achilles B., 12
Lanford, Caroline Matilda (Lasley), 12
Lanford, Elizabeth, 12
Lanford, Manoah L., 12, 16
Lanford, Nimrod B., 12
Lanford, Richard, 12
Lanford, Richard Edward, 12
Lanford, William D., 12
Lasley, Angelina B., 16
Lasley, Angelina Bickley, 12, 16
Lasley, Angeline, 12
Lasley, Edwin D., 16
Lasley, Edwin Daniel, 16
Lasley, Emily Jane, 16
Lasley, Erasmus Price, 16
Lasley, Frances, 12, 15
Lasley, Hardenia P., 16
Lasley, Hardenia Price, 16
Lasley, John, 15, 16
Lasley, John B., 16
Lasley, John Owen, 16
Lasley, Susan P., 12
Leigh, Mary, 11
Lindsay, Mary Ann, 13
Locust Grove, 13
Locust Hill, 13
Louisa County, 5, 6, 12, 16
Magruder, George Shelton, 4
Magruder, James Watson, 4
Marks, John, 17
Maury, Matthew Fontaine, 13
McGee, Mary, 15
Meade, Sarah, 16
Melton, Alfred T., 6
Melton, J. Averette, 6
Melton, Mary E., 6
Melton, Wm. L., 6
Meredith, Robert, 9
Michie, Matthew, 16
Michie, Sarah, 16
Mineral, 8, 10
Minor, Dr. James, 16
Minor, Julia Ann, 16
Minor, Lancelot, 13
Minor, Sally, 4
Minors Folly, 13
Mitchell, Isabella, 6
Mitchell, Mrs. Sally Branham, 16
Morris, Annie G., 14
Morris, Bettie, 9
Morris, Dr. James Maury, 14
Morris, George, 16
Morris, John L., 16
Morris, Matilda, 9
Morris, Richard, 9
Morris, Sallie Fleming, 9
Morris, Susan D., 4
Morris, Susan Dabney, 4
Morris, Thomas Burpage, 9
Moss, Jack N., 12
Moss, Jno. N., 6
Nuckolls, Myra R., 10
Orange County, 17
Overton, Mary, 13
Payne, Charlotte S., 10
Payne, Woodson, 10
Pendleton, Col. Edmund, 6, 9
Pendleton, Colonel Edmund, 9
Pendleton, Edmund, 6, 9
Pendleton, Henry, 6, 9
Pendleton, James K., 10
Pendleton, John, 6, 9
Pendleton, John B., 11
Pendleton, Unity Yancy, 9
Pendleton, William J., 10
Perkins, Lucy M., 12
Perkins, Susan, 16
Peters, Barbara, 4
Peters, Jas. G., 4
Plum Tree, 14
Porter, Charles, 17
Pottie, Edith, 5, 14
Pottie, George, 5, 14
Pottie, Mrs. E. J., 14
Pottie, Sallie Jerdone, 5
Pottie, Sallie Jordan, 14
Pottie, William, 5, 14
Ragland, Elizabeth, 16
Ragland, William, 14
Rawlings, James, 16
Rawlings, Virginia Watson, 16
Revolutionary War, 7
Richmond Road, Old, 13
Robertson, Ann, 13
Robertson, Edmund, 13
Robertson, James, 13
Robertson, James Garland, 13
Robertson, John Michael, 13
Robertson, Lewisetta, 13
Robertson, Lucy Wood, 13
Robertson, Martha Jane, 13
Robertson, Mary E., 13
Robertson, Michael Nathaniel, 13
Robertson, Richard M., 13
Robertson, William 0., 13
Ryan, Martha, 13
Ryan, Mary, 13
Ryan, Michael, 13
Ryan, Nancy, 13
Sanders, Paul Valentine, 16
Scotland, 6, 11
Seidel, Chas. Edward, 5
Sergeant, Chapman, 7
Sergeant's, Dr., 15
Shelton, D. R., 7
Shelton, Martha L., 7
Shelton, Thomas, 7
Simms, Captain William, 18
Simms, Catherine, 17, 18
Simms, E. R., 18
Simms, Henrietta, 18
Simms, Richard, 17
Sisson, Caleb, 17
Sisson, Nelly, 17
Snelson, Catherine, 5
Spotsylvania, 6, 12
Spotsylvania County, 12
Spottsylvania County, 6
Straghan, Dr. Peter, 11
Sunning Hill, 16
Swann, Samuel H., 7
Swift, David, 16
Swift, Mary W., 16
Swift, Timothy T., 13
Temperance Grove, 17
Thelban, John, 17
Thompson, Francis William, 11
Thompson, Garland, 12
Thompson, Mary, 13
Thompson, Sarah, 11
Thompson, Sarah J., 5, 6, 14
Thompson, Sarah Jerdone, 11
Thompson, William Francis, 6
Thompson, William J., 18
Turner, Mr. E. H., 15
United States,, 6, 9
Virginia Central Railroad, 10
Virginia Convention, the, 9
Virginia Military Institute, 9
Waddy, Sally T., 15
Walnut, 11, 17
Walnut Hill, 11, 17
Watkins, Albert G., 13
Watkins, Dorothea, 5
Watkins, John D., 13
Watson, David, 4
Watson, Elizabeth, 4
Watson, James, 4
Watson, Martha Minor, 4
Watson, Sally, 4
Watson, Virginia, 4, 16
White, Garland J., 9
Williams, Martha, 16
Yellow Tavern, 4
Zion, 12, 13, 15
WPA Cemetery and Bible Records
West of Trevilians, Va. 5.7 miles on Route #4, thence 2.4 miles south on Rt. #636, west side a few yards. About 1817.
* David Watson, son of James & Elizabeth Watson, born Dec. 25th, 1775. Intermarried with Sally Minor, Feb. 19th, 1801, died Jan. 31st, 1830.
* Sally Minor, wife of David Watson, born Aug. 15th, 1781, died Nov. 4th, 1849.
* Martha Minor Watson, daughter of David and Sally Watson, born Oct. 5th, 1814, died Nov. 30th, 1817.
* James Watson, son of David & Sally Watson, born Feb. 16th, 1802, Intermarried with Susan D. Morris, Dec. 29th, 1831, died Apr. 1837.
* Susan Dabney Morris, wife of James Watson, born Aug. 25th, 1811, died Apr. 15th, 1869.
* Virginia Watson, daughter of David & Sally Watson, born Mar. 6th, 1808, died Nov. 11th, 1817. One Marker for the graves of these three brothers:
* James Watson Magruder, born Feb. 2nd, 1839, Killed at Yellow Tavern, May 12th, 1864.
* John Hillery Magruder, born July 5th, 1840.
* George Shelton Magruder, born Sept. 25th. 1842, Killed in battle near Winchester, Sept. 19th, 1864. Soldiers of the Confederacy.
Collins Cemetery- North of Fredericks Hall, Va, 7 miles on Route #652, and 1.5 miles north of Rt. #652. About 1849
* John L. Collins, son of John L. & Janet Collins, born April 14, 1824, died June 13, 1849.
* Malcolm Collins, son of John L. & Janet Collins, born September 7, 1826, died January 8, 1851.
* Mrs. Elizabeth Garrett, wife of John Garrett, born November 6, 1818, died December 7, 1851.
* James Sutton Collins, son of John L. & Janet Collins, born May 11, 1829, died July 1, 1849.
* Benjamin Collins, son of John L. & Janet Collins, born December 26, 1832, died October 3, 1855.
* Mrs. Janet Collins, wife of John L. Collins, daughter of Malcolm & Judith Hart, born December 25, 1795, died March 27, 1852.
Cosby Burial Ground- North of
Bumpass, Va, 3.5 miles on Rt. #601, thence .5 of a mile from road through the
Sidney Swift place. About 1838.
* Sacred to the memory of Jas. G. Peters, son of Hart and Barbara Peters, was born Feb. 17, 1804, died Aug. 19, 1838. This monument was erected to his memory by his affectionate children.
Eggleston Hill Cemetery- 4.7 miles SE of Louisa, Va., on Rt. #642, a few yards to the right or south of road, located on top of the hill.
* J. C. Eggleston, born Dec. 21st, 1800, died Dec. 26th, 1827
* S. A. Eggleston, born Mar. 31st, 1825, died July 4th, 1833.
* Mary S., wife of Chas. Edward Seidel, born Dec. 23rd, 1814, at Hulmerville, Bucks Co., Pa. Died Dec. 7, 1852 near Tollersville, Va.
Fox Graveyard- West of Trevilians,
Va., 3.6 miles, thence south .3 mile on Rt. #636, and .5 mile west side of road.
* Sacred to the memory of Doct. Meredith Fox, born Oct. 4th, 1786, and died in the Christian faith and hope, Jan. 9th, 1850, A most devoted father, Sincere friend, Kind master and Good neighbor, His loss is most lamented by those who knew him best.
* Sacred to the Memory of Mrs. Malinda A. D. Fox, Who was born the 2nd, of Nov. 1797, And departed this life the 5th, of May 1827.
Harris Graveyard- Southeast of
Fredericks Hall, Va, .6 mile on Rt. #656, east side of road.
* In memory of Christopher S., son of Frederick & Catherine S. Harris, born 5th of April 1807, died 27th, of March 1845.
* In memory of Julia Catherine, daughter of Nath. W. & Ellen M. Harris, born July 29th, 1847, died July 9th, 1848.
* In memory of Dorothea Watkins, born March 23rd, 1784, died May 19, 1845.
* In Memory of Catherine Snelson, wife of Frederick Harris, born 10 October 1789, died 26 Dec. 1848.
* In Memory of Frederick Harris. The first President of the Louisa County Rail Road Company to whose exertions it is a great measure indebted for its corporate existence. He was born on the 14 day of January 1780 and died on the 9th, day of April 1842. Aged 62 years 2 months and 25 days.
Jerdone Castle Graveyard- Northwest
of Buckner, Va., 3.5 miles on Rt. #652, and .9 mile north of Rt. #652.
* Sacred to the memory of George Pottie, who departed this life on the 22d of March 1815, Aged 40 years. His affectionate widow hath caused this marble to be erected to perpetuate his name after the hearts of his fellow citizens have ceased to be the living record of his amiable qualities. While on this tomb I drop a silent tear. To one whose memory shall be ever dear. His worth retains a place within my breast, and will until within the grave I sink to rest. By a friend; A noble mind, a generous heart; A good companion honest without art; Beloved through life lamented in the end; An honest man is the noblest work of God.
* Sacred to the memory of William Pottie, who departed this life June 14, 1820; Aged 19 years; Man cometh forth as a flower; In the morning it is green and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down drieth up; and withered.
* In memory of Isabella, daughter of George and Edith Pottie, born September 1st, 18~8, died August 5th, 1846. It is well with the child.
* In memory of Mary, daughter of George and Edith Pottie, born April 2nd, 1845, died August 6th, 1846. Of such is the kingdom of God.
* In Memory of George Pottie, born March 11, 1811, died January 3, 1849. Watch the perfect man and the upright; For the end of that man is peace.
* In memory of Fannie, daughter of George & Edith Pottie, died November 13, 1855; Aged 8 years 1 Mo and 20 D.; The grass withereth and the flower thereof fadeth away.
* Sacred to the memory of Mrs. Sarah J. Thompson, who died December 31st, 1855.
* Sallie Jerdone Pottie, daughter of George & Edith Pottie, born February 28, 1840, died March 15, 1858.
* Here lies the body of Francis Jerdone, who was born in the Town of Jedsburg, and the County of Twofdale in Scotland, on the 30th of Jan'y. 1720, and died the 5th of August 1771.
* Francis William Thompson, born 25th day of February 1813, and died 13th August following; of such is the Kingdom of God.
* Here lies the body of Sarah Jerdone, born March 10, 1731, died October 23, 1818. Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord; they rest from their labors and their works; do follow them
* Here lies the body of Mary Jerdone, wife of Francis Jerdone, born the 2d of December 1771, died the 12th of March 1821.
* Here lies the body of Francis Jerdone, who was born in the County of Louisa, 9th Feb'y Anno Dominie 1756, died 29th April 1841; Man lieth down and riseth not till the heavens are; no more they shall not awake or be raised out; of their sleep.
* Here lies the body of Jemima Byers, who was born on the 12th of September 1763, in the County of Louisa, died the 10th day of Aug't. 1824.
* Virginia, infant daughter of Garland and Sarah J. Thompson, born February 29th, 1820, and died July 17th, 1825; and Jesus said Suffer the little children to come unto me.
* Sacred to the memory of Sarah J. Thompson, who was born September 25th, 1785, and died November 15th, 1830.
* Isabella Mitchell, born September 30, 1761, and died the 8th of April 1825.
* Here lies the body of James Jerdone, son of Francis Jerdone; and grandson of Francis Jerdone, born the 19th of February 1812, in the County of Louisa, and died the 25th of July 1827.
* John Jerdone, son of John and Barbara Jerdone, born Jan'y 15th, 1835, died July 29th, 1839; Father, I will that Etc.
* Sacred to the memory of Maria Ann Glanville, wife of William Jerdone, who was born in the County of Spotsylvania, on the 20th day of Dec., Anno Domini 1812; 1833. Father, I will that they also whom thou hast given me be with me where I am, that they behold my Glory.
* Sacred to the memory of Mary Baptist, second daughter of William Burwell and Matilda Coleman, and consort of Jno. N. Moss, of Louisa County; She was born in Spottsylvania County Octo. 21st 1809 and, died Octo. 22 1849.
Melton Graveyard- West of Trevilians,
Va. .2 mile on Rt. #4, north .6 mile on Rt. #649, .2 mile east after crossing
RR, north 1.6 mile on a private road.
* J. Averette Melton, born July 15th, 1850, died Apr. 2nd, 1860.
* Wm. L. Melton, born Aug. 1st, 1819, died Aug. 30th, 1856.
* Alfred T. Melton, born Nov. 5th, 1811, died May 30th, 1861.
* Mary E. Melton, born July 20th, 1821, died Dec. 16th, 1871.
Pendleton Graveyard Cuckoo, Va. north side of Rt. #4.
* In Memory of Col. Edmund Pendleton, Son of Henry Pendleton; G. S. and Son of John Pendleton, the brother of Judge Edmund Pendleton, a former President of the Va. Ct. Court of Appeals and President of the Va. Convention, Assembled in the 1788 to consider the Constitution of the United States. The deceased was born the 24th Oct. 1783, and died the 12th December 1838; Leaving to lament his loss a fond widow and six children in whose Grateful affectionate memory his memory is written his epitaph. They Knew him as the world could not and when the like him shall be gathered to their father this simple regard of their love will be to posterity his most eloquent praise. He died as he lived a devoted Disciple of Christ and is gone to the home of the faithful "Blessed are the dead that die in the Lord."
Porter Graveyard- East Trevilians,
Va., .4 mile on Rt. #4, north across RR .8 mile on Rt. #613, thence west .3 mile
on private road, a few yards south.
* In Memory of Victoria, daughter of James D. and Catherine [Porter], born July 10th, 1833, died Oct. 3rd, 1856.
* Thomas Shelton, Va. Fife Major, 2nd Va. Regiment, Revolutionary War 1824.
* Martha A. Fowler, Nee Shelton, born Aug. 4th, 1834, died June 25th, 1861.
* Martha L. Shelton, Relict of D. R. Shelton, born Aug. 21st, 1822, died Sept. 15th, 1888.
* Victoria, Wife of D. R. Shelton, born Jan. 8th, 1813, died May 31st, 1858.
* D. R. Shelton, born Nov. 4th, 1814, died May 12th, 1880.
* Mary Louisa, wife of E. H. Argyle, Aug. 15th, 1834, Nov. 12th, 1866.
* Eleanor, wife of Frank Breathed, died Aug. 5th, 1885, Aged 37 years.
* David R. S., son of F. & E. A. Breathed, born July 18th, 1881, died [blank] 1861.
* Samuel H. Swann, born June 2nd, 1831, died Mar. 19th, 1880.
Chapman Sergeant's Grave yard- 2
miles east of Poindexter, Va. on Rt. #640 thence .6 mile north of private road.
* Sacred to the Memory of Chapman Sergeant, born September 10th, 1796, died August 14th, 1875.
Belcher Church & Grave- 2.5 miles south of Bumpass, Va, on Rt. #618.
* Patrick Belcher, born Sept. 19th, 1731, died Jan. 6th, 1764. ",
Anderson, Dr. Archie Place- 1.8 miles
northeast of Inez, Va., on Rt. #610, thence north .8 mile on Rt. #661, thence .2
mil south on private road.
* Dr. Archibald Anderson, born Oct. 17th, 1792, died Apr. 21st, 1867.
* Patsy G. Anderson, who was Patsy C. Winston, born Jan. 30th, 1798, died Feb. 27th, 1857.
* Matthew C. Anderson, August 14th, 1822, Oct. 15th, 1880.
* Archie Anderson, born Aug. 15th, 1831, died Feb. 15 1899.
Beech Hill- John L. Collins Place-
* Jeremiah Harris, son of Henry Harris and wife Susanne, was born May 30th, 1790.
* Polly Harris, daughter of Henry Harris and wife Susanne, was born Dec. 31, 1791.
* Jane Harris born March 6th, 1794.
* Thomas Harris, born March 23rd, 1797.
* John Harris born August 28th, 1801.
* Elizabeth Harris, born Oct. 22nd, 1803.
* Susan Harris, born Jan. 18th, 1807.
* Henry Harris and his wife Susanna were married Apr. 9th, 1789. Jeremiah Harris and wife Frances were married Oct. 18th, 1817. Henry Harris and wife Sarah were married Sept. 1, 1818.
* Thomas Harris and wife Louisa Ann were married July 2nd, 1834. Judith Hart and Robert Collins were married Jan. 6th, 1847.
* Elizabeth Hart, widow of John Hart Sr. was married to John L. Collins Oct. 11th, 1865.
* Jane Hart, oldest child of John and Elizabeth Hart born July 1st, 1820, died June 1850. Malcolm Hart was born Feb. 18th, 1826, died June 1850. James Hart born Oct. 29th, 1827, died April 27th, 1855. John Hart born Oct. 29th, 1827.
* In Memory of Mrs. Harriet Collins, wife of John L. Collins and daughter of John and Elizabeth Kilby, born Sept. 4th, 1797, died Feb. 3rd, 1865.
* In Memory of Mrs. Janet Collins, the wife of John L. Collins and daughter of Malcolm and Judith Hart, born Dec. 25th, 1795, died Nov. 27th, 1852.
* John Lewis Collins, Son of John L. and Janet Collins, born Apr. 24th, 1824, died Jan 13th, 1849.
* Malcolm Collins, Son of John L. and Janet Collins, born May 11th, 1829, died July 12th, 1846.
* James Sutton Collins son of John L. and Janet Collins, born May 11th, 1829, died July 12th, 1846.
* Benjamin Collins, son of John L. and Janet Collins, born Oct. 26th, 1832, died Oct. 3rd, 1853.
Belle Isle- 4.2 miles east of
Mineral, Va on Rt. #618. 1 mile north of Harts Shop on Rt. #614. 1 mile east,
thence north 1 mile on private road.
* In memory of Mary, Wife of James Dickinson Sr., born in 1748, died April 1830.
* In Memory of Captain J. Cole Dickinson, born December 25th, 1781, died September 18, 1844.
* In Memory of Mary, Wife of J. Cole Dickinson Jr., born December 1st, 1784, died January 3rd, 1851.
* Sacred to the memory of Frederick Hollis, son of W. A. and Mary Kuper, born October 26th, 1845, died December 7th, 1855.
* In Memory of Elizabeth L. Dickinson, born January 12th, 1812, died March 20th, 1818.
* In memory of James Dickinson Sr., born in 1742, died September 1828.
* In Memory of W. A. Kuper, born in Hanover, Germany, January 17, 1818, died in Virginia, 1889.
* D. W. Boxley, buried June 21, 1853.
* James M. Dickerson, son of Claudius and Charlotte Dickerson, born December 23, 1855, died August 31, 1856.
Bibb House- 2 miles south of
Fredericks Hall, Va, on Rt. #614, thence west .1 mile.
* In Memory of John Bibb, born Nov. 11, 1778, died Nov. 28, 1848.
* In Memory of Edna K. Bibb, born July 31, 1778, died June 28, 1857.
* Sacred to the Memory of Mary Louisa Dickinson, Consort of W. A. Kuper, born January 20th, 1823, died July 4, 1877.
* Here lies the body of Anna M., wife of John W. Boxley, born April 1818, died November 6th, 1857.
* In Memory of David W. Boxley, infant son of John W. and Anna Boxley, date [blank]
Brockman Place- Formerly known as the
Goodwin Place- 4.5 miles north of Louisa, Va., on Ellisville road, Rt. #16,
thence immediately on the east side of the highway.
* In Memory of Mrs. Polly P. Goodwin, Who departed this life May 21st, 1853 in the 74th year of her age.
* In Memory of Garland J. White, M.D., born 1828, died 1848.
Chantilly- 207/10 miles south east of
Louisa, Va., on Rt. #4, 2/10 miles north of road, about 1/2 mile in edge of
* Robert Coleman, born June 18th, 1780, died April 29th, 1854.
* Mrs. M. 0. Fleming, Daughter of Robert and Matilda Fleming, born 6th of Oct. 1808, died 7 Oct. 1868.
* Lewis M. Coleman, Colonel 1st Regiment, Artillery C.S.A., Asst. Professor of Latin, University, Virginia, born Feb. 3rd, 1821, died March 2nd, 1863, died of wound received in Battle of Fredericksburg, December 1862.
* George W. T. Fleming, born December 6th, 1827, died July 17th, 1828, Aged 7 months.
* Sallie Fleming Morris, died August 28th, 1856, Aged 13 months.
* Thomas Burpage Morris, died March 23rd, 1856, Aged 2 years 4 mo.
* Mrs. Matilda Coleman, wife of Robert Coleman, born Nov. 24th, 1791, died May 5th, 1873, Aged 82 years.
* Dr. George Fleming, born April 7th, 1802, died August 10th 1883, Aged 81 years.
* William Thomas Fleming, Son of George & M. 0. Fleming, born June 1st. 1846 and died At Virginia Military Institute, November 2nd, 1862, aged 16 years.
* Richard Morris, born Feb. 16th, 1852, died May 12th, 1868.
* Martha Ambler, twin daughter of George W. & Ann G. A. Fleming, July 28 1864; 1886.
* Matilda Morris daughter of George and Ann G. A. Fleming, born Dec. 19th, 1885; At Chantilly, died Oct. 21st, 1886.
* Bettie Morris, died Nov. 23rd, 1858; Aged 18 mos.
* Hon. Wm. Marshall Ambler, of "Lakeland" Virginia; Beloved father of John Ambler;
* Mrs. Geo. Fleming, born July 13th 1813, died August 25th 1896.
Clifton: early markers only given:
* Robert Meredith, born Oct. 17th, 1821, died [blank] 1881.
* His wife, Indianna L. Harris, born Aug. 20th, 1829, died Apr. 14th, 1913.
Cuckoo House: 7 miles east of Louisa, Va., on Rt. #4, north of highway.
* In memory of Colonel Edmund Pendleton, son of Henry Pendleton, and grandson of John Pendleton, the brother of Judge Edmund Pendleton, a former president of the Virginia Court of Appeals and President of the Virginia Convention assembled in 1788 to consider the Constitution of the United States. The deceased was born 24th of October 1786, and died the 12th of December 1838. Leaving to lament his loss a fond wife and six children.
* In memory of Unity Yancy Pendleton, widow of the late Col. Edmund Pendleton. Born November 26th, 1788. Died December 23rd, 1866. Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord.
Dabney House- 3 3/10 miles northeast
of Orchid, Va., on Rt. 601, thence east 1 mile on Inez-Gays Rt. #661,
immediately on the south side of the road.
A Huge cemetery is directly in the rear of this home. Recently it has been enclosed by a cement wall and a large monument has been placed in the center with the following names:
* Samuel Dabney, born April 14, 1752-1793.
* Jane Meriwether Dabney April 8, 1757-1833.
* Francis Dabney July 1st, 1781, March 21, 1855.
* Elizabeth Thornton Dabney May 9, 1783, April 5 1845.
* Richard Dabney November 15, 1788, Nov. 25, 1825. r c.
* Chas. Dabney Jr., Dec. 5, 1788, Sept. 6, 1833.
* Elizabeth Price Dabney Sept. 26, 1784, May 12, 1873.
* Elizabeth Catherine Dabney November 22, 1827, February 22, 1862.
* Anne E. Dabney1814-90.
* G. Woodson Payne 1810-1870.
* Charlotte S. Payne 1838-39.
* Mary J. Dabney [no dates] Franklin Johnson
* Janey H. Dabney 1855-62.
Edgehill- 2.5 miles southeast of
BucknerVa. on Rt. #618.
* Waller Holladay, born June 15, 1802. Died Oct. 28, 1858.
* Sarah Holladay, born Apr. 19, 1800, died Apr. 3, 1840.
Fredericks Hall- 3/10 mile east of
Frederick's Hall, Va., on Rt. #618,4/10 mile south Rt. #656. About 50 yards east
* In memory of Frederick Harris, the first president of the Virginia Central Railroad, born Jan 14th, 1780, died 26th of Dec. 1812.
* In memory of Catherine Mary, wife of Dr. William J. Pendleton, and daughter of Frederick and Catherine Harris, born July 7th, 1812, died Feb. 1864.
* In memory of Christopher S., son of Frederick & Catherine Harris, born August 1807, died May 1845.
* In memory of William J. Pendleton, born May 31st 1807, died Aug. 12th, 1885.
* In memory of James K. Pendleton, born Dec. 5th, 1810, died Aug. 12th, 1883.
Hugh Goodwin Place- Cemetery
* To the memory of Elizabeth Goodwin, who died Mar. 27th, 1838, in the 60th year of her age. Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord.
* To the memory of Hugh Goodwin, who died Dec. 26th, 1844; Happy is the man who findeth Wisdom.
John Hamilton House- 1.6 miles east
of Mineral, Va on Rt. #618, thence north 4.9 miles on Rt. #605, thence .6 miles
west on Rt. #652, thence .2 miles north of road. A large cemetery but only one
* Myra R. Nuckolls, who died 13th of June 1833; Aged 21 years 9 months.
Henson Place- 2 miles east of Poindexter, Va. on Rt #640. 1 mil south on private road.
Records of the Hensons found in the old family Bible, now in the possession of Miss Mollie Henson, granddaughter of James Henson. Miss Mollie Henson's post office is Poindexter, Va. Children of James Henson:
* Samuel B. Henson, b. Dec. 25th, 1808.
* Mary F. Henson, b. June 13th, 1811.
* Benjamin Henson b. October 15th, 1813.
* Nancy Henson b. March 15th, 1815 d. November 15th, 1846.
* Bartlett A. Henson b. April 13th 1817
* C. R. Henson b. March 14th, 1819 d. August 1852. "
* Sarah E. Henson b. January 10th, 1821
* David B. Henson June 24th, 1824 d. August 4th, 1840.
* Lucy R. Hensonb. November 23rd, 1827
* James F. Henson b. August 27th, 1829 d. July 16th, 1845.
Children of Bartlett A. Henson and wife, Adelia Rebecca (Michie) Henson:
* James Fontaine Henson b. December 15th, 1846.
* David H. Henson December 24th 1848.
* Sammy Ella Henson b. August 12th, 1851.
* Charlie C. Henson b. December 20th, 1853.
* Mollie E. Henson b. September 28th, 1860.
* Rebecca Henson b. April 24th, 1863.
* Nannie Henson February 10th, 1866.
* John William Henson b. November 8th, 1869.
* In Memory of John, for many years a merchant in the City of Richmond. At one time Mayor of Richmond, afterwards a resident of the County of Louisa, where he departed this life on 9th of June 1830 in the 83rd year of his age.
* Sacred to the memory of Mary Barret, daughter of Chas. Barret and Mary Leigh, his wife, born Sept. 14, 1750, died in Oct. 20, 1835. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.
* Eliza Overton Holladay, born January 13th, 1850, died May 5th, 1855; A flower of rare sweetness whose perfume, lingers.
* My mother, Sallie A., widow of John B. Pendleton, born Nov. 15, 1839, died Dec. 25, 1889.
* In memory of Mary Barret, wife of John Barret, and daughter of Dr. Peter Straghan, a native of Scotland; departed this life in the County of Louisa, Va. on the 19th of September 1825 aged 77 years.
* My husband, John B. Pendleton, born Oct. 12, 1830, died in 1861.
* Elizabeth Overton Holladay, born Jan. 13th, 1835, died May 5th, 1850.
* Sally Holladay, relict of Waller Holladay, born Feb. 9th, 1816, died Aug. 10th, 1888.
Walnut Hill- 3/10 mile W. of
Trevilians Rt. #4, thence 4.6 miles southwest on Rt. #613 to Berea Church thence
5/10 miles south on private road.
Old graveyard but only one marker:
* Daniel E. Hickmanborn Aug. 9th, 1808, died Apr. 15th, 1860.
Jerdone Castle- 3.5 miles Northwest
of Buckner, Va. on Rt. #652 thence .9 mile from road on north side.
* Francis Jerdone who was born in the town of Jedburg, and County of Trivoldale, Scotland; born 30th day of January 1720, died 5th day of August 1771.
* Virginia, infant daughter of Garland and Sarah Jerdone Thompson, born February 29th, 1820, died July 17th, 1825.
* Francis Jerdone, who was born in the County of Louisa, 9th day of February, Anno Domino 1756, died 29th of April 1841.
* Mary Jerdone, wife of Francis Jerdone, born February 9th day of December 1771, died 12th of May 1821.
* Sarah Thompson, who was born September 25th, 1785, died November 15th, 1831.
* Francis William Thompson, born 25th day of February 1812, died 13th day of August, following.
* Garland Thompson, who was born in the County of Hanover, May 22nd, 1787, and died in the City of Richmond, May 10th, 1830; Aged 48 years, 2 months, 16 days.
* Mary Baptist, second daughter of William Burwell and Matilda Coleman and Consort of Jack N. Moss of Louisa County, born in Spotsylvania, October 29th, 1809, died October 22nd, 1842.
* Mary Ann Granville, wife of William Jerdone, who was born in Spotsylvania County, on 20th day of December, 1812, and died in 1833.
* My mother Sarah Jerdone, wife of General C. G. Coleman, born February 10th, 1808, died February 15th 1863. James, son of Francis and Eliza M. Jerdone, born August 20th 1830, died September 1832.
* Francis, second son of Francis and Eliza M. Jerdone, born 30th of November 1833, died 21st of April 1836.
* John Jerdone, son of John and Barbara Jerdone, born July 15th 1835, died July 29th 1839.
* Jemima Byars who was born 12th of September 1767, in the county of Louisa, and died 10th April 1821.
Buck Lanford Home-l.3 miles southwest
of Zion, Va. on Rt. #617, thence 2.6 miles northwest on Rt. #600, thence .3
miles north on private road. Bible record:
* Richard Lanford, son of William and Elizabeth Lanford, born Dec. 2nd 1781.
* Caroline M (Lasley) Lanford, wife of Richard Lanford, daughter of John and Frances Lasley, was born Nov.10th 1790.
* William D. Lanford born Oct. 31st, 1810.
* Achilles B. Lanford born Oct. 31st, 1812.
* Nimrod B. Lanford born Dec. 25th, 1815.
* Manoah L. Lanford born June 27th, 1818.
Ed. Lanford House- 1.2 miles south of Zion, Va. on Rt. #617, thence 4 miles on Rt. #600, thence north .5 miles on Rt. #607, thence east .8 miles on private road.
* Richard Lanford, son of William and Elizabeth Lanford, was born December 2, 1781.
* Wife Caroline Matilda (Lasley) Lanford, daughter of John and Frances Lasley, was born November 10th, 1790. Children:
* William D. Lanford was born Oct. 31st, 1810.
* Achilles B. Lanford was born Oct. 31st, 1812.
* Nimrod B. Lanford was born Dec. 25th, 1815.
* Manoah L. Lanford was born June 27th, 1818.
* Manoah L. Lanford and Angeline Lasley were married Jan. 26th, 1850.
* John Atwell was born March 1st, 1850.
* Richard Edward was born Oct. 10th, 1852.
* Donzella Angelina was born Aug. 20th, 1854.
* Martha Hardenia was born Nov. 26th, 1857.
* Angelina Bickley Lasley, daughter of John B. and Susan P. Lasley and wife of Manoah L. Lanford was born Dec. 14th, 1824.
* Richard Edward Lanford married Lucy M. Perkins [blank]. Lucy M. Perkins was born Oct. 15th, 1852.
Locust Grove- 3 4/10 miles southeast of Cuckoo on Rt. 49, thence east 2/10 mile.
* Jeremiah Harris buried in the old family burying ground.
Locust Hall- 4 miles east of Louisa on Old Richmond Road #642, thence a few yards south of highway. Bible dated 1812:
* Mary Ryan, born Dec. 15th, 1778.
* Nancy Ryan b. May 17th, 1821.
* Martha Ryan born May 17th, 1823.
* Richard M. Robertson born July 18th, 1853.
* William 0. Robertson born Sept. 1855.
* Michael Nathaniel Robertson born Aug. 1st, 1859.
* Martha Jane Robertson born Jan. 5th, 1843.
* Edmund Robertson born Apr. 22, 1845.
* Mary E. Robertson born June 3rd, 1847.
* John Michael Robertson born Jan. 17th, 1850.
* James Garland Robertson born May 14th, 1852
* Lewisetta Robertson born Feb. 7th, 1854
* Lucy Wood Robertson born March 5th, 1857
* Sally Ann Robertson born March 5th, 1857
* Michael Ryan and Mary Thompson were married Nov. 2nd, 1820.
* James Robertson and Nancy Ryan were married Oct. 21st, 1841.
Locust Hill- 12/10 mile southwest of Zion P.O, Va. on Rt. 617, thence northwest 36/10 miles on Rt. #600, immediately on south of the highway. Bible:
* John D. Watkins no dates
* (Wife) Polly Biggers was born July 30th, 1778 and died May 21st, 1854.
* Albert G. Watkins (son of John D.) born January 5th 1814- Mar. 17, 1893 and wife
* Mary Ann Lindsay born June 12th, 1816, July 8th, 1885.
* Albert G. Watkins and Mary Ann Lindsay were married June 15th, 1835.
Lone Pine- 7/10 miles north on Rt. #49,8/10 mile east on Rt. #647, thence southeast 35/10 mile on Rt. 658, 3/10 mile south on private road. Family cemetery has a number of graves but only one marker.
* Timothy T. Swift born 31st day of August 1776, died 18th of May 1851.
Fieldings Mill- 7/10 mile south of Waldrop Post Office, Va. on Old Fielding Mill Road. Bible records
* John D. Fielding b. Nov. 16th 1785 died 1875. Elizabeth Fielding (wife) born Nov. 10th, 1793.
* John D. Fielding and wife Elizabeth were married August 12, 1811.
Minors Folly- 1 mile southeast of the Marion Kean residence, across Deep Creek on the hill to the right. Tombstones
* Lancelot Minor born August 17th, 1765, died Nov. 26th, 1848
* Mary Overton, wife of Lancelot Minor born Dec. 15th, 1767 died Nov. 27th, 1830.
* Here was also buried the mother of Matthew Fontaine Maury, the Pathfinder of the Seas. Her body was later moved to Hollywood cemetery in Richmond.
The Old Place Morris- In Green Springs, Va. 11.5 miles west of Louisa, Va., on Rt. #4 to intersection thence south 4.4 miles on Rt. #15, thence 1 mile on Rt. #617, thence 2/10 mile south. Morris graveyard:
* In Memory of Dr. James Maury Morris born Sept. 23rd, 1778, died Sept. 24th, 1844.
* Annie G. Morris, widow of Dr. James Maury Morris, born Dec. 21st, 1801 died Apr. 24th, 1863.
Movem-5 9/10 miles north of Louisa on Rt. #628, thence 2 2/10 miles west on Rt. #613, thence northeast 1 mile on Rt. #621, thence 4/10 mile northwest on private road. Graveyard.
* Sarah daughter of Malcolm and Judith Hart and wife of Henry Harris born Aug. 26th, 1799, died Feb. 18th, 1870.
* Henry Harris born Dec. 2nd, 1795 died Aug. 28th, 1872.
* Elijah Hansboro no dates.
Pottiesville- 2.8 miles north of Buckner, Va. on Plum Tree Road #652, thence 50 yards east of road. Graveyard just east of the house.
* George Pottie, who departed this life, 22nd of March 1815; aged 40 years.
* Sarah J. Thompson, who departed this life in 1855; in 75th year of her age.
* Isabella, daughter of George and Edith Pottie, born 1838, died 1846.
* Sallie Jordan Pottie, daughter of George and Edith Pottie, born Feb. 10th, 1850, died Nov. 15th, 1858.
* Fannie, daughter of George and Edith Pottie, died Nov. 15th, 1853; aged 8 years and 1 mo.
* William Pottie, who departed this life June 11th, 1820; aged 19 years.
* George Pottie II, born March 7th, 1811, died June 3rd, 1849.
* Mrs. E. J. Pottie, born June 10th, 1817, died July 8th, 1890; aged 73 years.
* Mary, daughter of George & Edith Pottie, born Apr. 2nd, 1845, died June 6th, 1846. "
Quaker Hill- From Trevilians, Va. 2/10 mil west on Rt. #4 thence 3 6/10 miles south on Rt. #613. The house is 1/10 mile east of highway.
* William Ragland, born Sept. 15th, 1780, died Aug. 19th, 1849.
* Sacred to the memory of Mary F. Hackett, wife of Dr. William R. Hackett, born June 24, 1819, died Sept. 12th, 1887.
Ravenswood-4/10 mile east of Trevilians, Va. on Rt. #4, north 3 3/10 mile on #613, northeast on #613 to Ellisville 2 9/10 mile, 4/10 mile north on #16, immediately on the east of the road. Graveyard.
* William A. Gillespie, M. D., 1805-1875.
* Annie R. Gillespie, 1805-1855.
Renfrew Farm- 16/10 mile east of Mineral on #618, thence north 4.9 miles on Rt. #605, thence 2.5 miles north on #652, thence .5 miles north. graveyard.
* Mrs. Judith Collins, wife of Robert Collins and daughter of John & Elizabeth Hart, born Oct. 11th 1820, died Oct. 11th, 1855.
* Robert Collins, son of John L. and Jane Collins, born May 11th, 1821, died Mar. 8th, 1857. Malcolm infant son of Robert and Judith Collins, born May 5th, 1852, died May 15th, 1855.
* Janette Collins, daughter of John L. & Jane Collins born June 16th, 1837 died May 22nd, 1840.
Rose Hill-3 3/10 miles northeast of Orchid, Va. on Rt. 601 thence east 2 miles on Rt. #661, thence 6/10 mile south on private road. Farrar Bible:
* James E. Farrar married Sally T. Waddy in 1848. John Garland Farrar born in 1848.
* William Waddy Farrar born in 1853.
* Stephen Duncan Farrar born in 1855.
* Patty Nelson Farrar born in 1857.
Sergeant Home- 1 mile south of Louisa, Va. on Rt. #16, thence 1.9 miles south east on Rt. #646, thence 3 miles south on route #604 to Zion Travel Colored Church, thence 1 mile east.
The following records copied from the old family Bible in the home of Dr. Sergeant's daughter, Mr. E. H. Turner, Trevilians, Va.
* Richard Harrison born 11th Dec. 1757.
* Mary (Clarkson) Harrison born 10th Day Sept. 1762.
* Richard Harrison and Mary (Clarkson) Harrison were married 4th Sept. 1784. Children:
* Elizabeth was born 27th of July 1785.
* Nancy was born 24th of Feb. 1787.
* Peter C. was born 20th Mar. 1790.
* Charlie E. was born 17th Oct. 1791.
* John C. was born 20th of Oct. 1793.
* Julius C. was born 8th Dec. 1796.
* Richard was born 3rd of Sept. 1798.
* David C. was born 7th of May 1800.
* Lucy was born 11th of Jan. 1803.
* William A. was born 16th day of Dec. 1804.
* Charles E. Harrison and Eliza Guthrie were married Sept. 18, 1817.
* Julius C. Harrison and Ann Eastham were married May 22, 1825.
* David C. Harrison and Mary Blackwell were married March 4, 1830.
* John C. Harrison and Mary McGee were married March 5, 1835.
* Mrs. Ann Harrison departed this life 5th day of October 1817.
* Richard Harrison departed this life 7th day February 18 [illeg.]
Spring Grove- 1.2 miles southwest of Zion, Va. on Rt. #617, thence 4 miles on Rt. #600, thence .4 miles on rt. #607, thence .6 miles on private road.
* John Lasley, born May 5th, 1744, died August 1827 and wife
* Frances Lasley, born Feb. 19th, 1755, died August 1838.
Children of John and Frances:
* Mary born April 5th, 1775.
* Elizabeth born Dec. 4th, 1776 died Dec. 13th, 1790.
* Joseph born Nov. 28th, 1778. William June 7th, 1781.
* James born June 17th, 1783 died Jan. 24th, 1834.
* John B. born April 6th, 1785 died April 14th, 1870.
* Nancy born June 13th, 1787 died July 22nd, 1854.
* Caroline Matilda born Nov.10th, 1789 died March 30th, 1859.
* Ira Ellis born Nov.10th, 1792.
* Sally and Ivey (twins) born June 11, 1791.
* Jane born April 7, 1795.
* Manoah born Aug. 8th 1797.
* John B. Lasley born April 6th married Susan Perkins who was born Dec. 24th, 1787, and died March 31st, 1877.
Children of the above:
* Edwin Daniel Lasley was born Aug. 22nd, 1812.
* Emily Jane Lasley was born May 12th, 1817, died Nov. 30th, 1852.
* Hardenia Price Lasley was born May 17th 1819.
* Erasmus Price Lasley was born Aug. 29, 1821, died Oct. 30th, 1857.
* Angelina Bickley Lasley was born Dec. 24th, 1824.
* John Owen Lasley was born Nov. 12th, 1827, killed September 21st, 1864.
* John B. Lasley was married to Susan Perkins Dec. 24th, 1811.
* Emily Jane Lasley was married to John L. Morris Dec. 17th, 1839.
* Edwin D. Lasley was married to Martha Williams Jan. 21st, 1840.
* Hardenia P. Lasley was married to Ashley John Bell March 28, 1846.
* Angelina B. Lasley was married to Manoah L. Lanford Dec. 26, 1850.
* A diploma issued to Paul Valentine Sanders of Louisa County July 4th, 1840 from the Univ. of Va was seen in this home.
Sunning Hill- 10 miles northeast of Louisa, Va. From Louisa go 6 miles north on Rt. #628, thence 17/10 miles east on Rt. #613 to Dickinsons Store thence 3 miles west to house.
* Virginia Watson Rawlings, Youngest daughter of the late Dr. James Minor, of Louisa, and wife of James Rawlings of Spotyslvania; born 25th of August 1822; Married in 1843; closed her radiant life May 10, 1847; her husband and two sons survive.
* Here lies the remains of John Z. Holiday, born in Spotsylvnia Co., Dec. 12th, 1806, married to Julia Ann Minor, May 19th, 1838, died Oct. 12th, 1842.
David Swift House- 3 miles south of Bumpass, Va 11/2 miles from Carl Harris Store on Rt. #618. Only one marker prior to 1865 given.
* Sacred to the memory of Mary W. Swift, born March 21, 1841 died Aug. 5, 1860 aged 19 years, 4 most 14 days. Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord.
Boswell's Tavern- 11.2 miles west of Louisa, Va. on highway #4. A few yards to the right of the highway.
Bible records copied from Bible published in Philadelphia for Matthew Carey on Market Street in 1801. This is the property of Mrs. Sally Branham Mitchell.
* Ludlow Branham and Sarah Michie was married December 26, 1797 by the Rev. M. Maury at the house of Elizabeth Ragland.
* Matthew Michie and Sarah Meade was married August 27, 1812 by the Rev. John Lasley at the house of Ludlow Branham.
* George H. Crank and Elizabeth W. Branham was married January 10, 1827 by the Rev. George Morris.
* Ludlow Branham was born April 26, 1766.
* Sarah Michie Branham was born July 15, 1776. Their children:
* Bushrod Washington Branham born March 1, 1800.
* Elizabeth Watson Branham April 3, 1803.
* James Michie Branham born Sept. 7, 1805. Louisa Ann Branham born Sept. 12, 1807.
* William Woodford Bramhan born Sept. 3, 1809 .
* Carolina Frances Branham born May 18, 1802.[1812?] Mary Marks Branham born Jan. 24, 1813. Harriet Branham born Aug. 10, 1814.
* Amelia Ellinora Branham born June 3, 1816. John Luther Branham born Sept. 16, 1819.
* George Henry Branham born Jan. 16, 1822.
* Ludlow Branham died Tuesday, July 1st, 1831. Age 64 years, 10 mo. and 4 days. Interred at his residence Boswell's in Louisa County.
* William Woodford Branham died 13th Dec. 1830.
* Louisa Ann Branham died 20th of July 1842 age 34. Mary Marks Branham died 15th Aug. 1842.
* (These 2 sisters died within a month of each other with typhoid fever) Bushrod W. Branham died 18th of Aug. 1855.
* John Branham aged about 72 years departed this life on Saturday the 25th day of July 1761, about 6 o'clock in the afternoon.
In the burial place called the Old Court House, in Orange
* Rachel Branham (Sisson) relict of the above John Branham, departed this life April 6th, 1782. Was interred the Monday after, at Charles Porter's, her former dwelling place, called "The Old Courthouse" in Orange County.
* John Branham, son to the Elder, departed this life the 17th day of January, 1785, about 10 o'clock at night. Age 58 years. Was interred at the burying place of his ancestors, "The Old Court House"
* Nelly Sisson, wife of Caleb Sisson, departed this life on Thursday, the 22nd of September, 1774. Interred at dwelling place of John Thelban, formerly her grandfather, John Marks residence.
Temperance Grove- 35/10 miles north of Louisa, Va. on Rt. #628, 5/10 mile west on private road. graveyard. Oldest marker:
* William Goodwin born January 21, 1791 died April 3, 1862.
Walnut Hill Old Bible in possession of Mrs. Phil Barrett, Cuckoo, Va.
* Sally Terry Bullock, born December 21, 1782
* Nancy Bullock, born April 25, 1784.
* Patsy Bullock, born February 1786.
* Jane Bullock, born January 2, 1788.
* Edmund Bullock, born November 11, 1789.
* Polly Crawford Bullock, born February 9, 1793.
* David Byers, born March 16, 1791.
* Maria Bullock born 1795.
* Henrietta Quarles Bullock, born July 14th, 1797.
* Catherine Simms, born July 1859.
* Henrietta Quarles Bullock married Richard Simms.
* William J. Thompson and Catherine Simms were married December 9, 1858.
* Henrietta Simms departed this life Oct. 20, 1861.
* E. R. Simms died June 17, 1861.
* Captain William Simms was killed in the Battle of Sharpsburg, September 17, 1862.